Saturday, February 6, 2010

And so it begins.

As I type this I am in the process of editing and doing layout for my newest line of cards. So exciting! Finally, finally, FINALLY all of our computer woes are resolved and its time to get going! I'm so very excited about these designs - they're fresh, funky and fun, all the things I like my cards to be. There's a lot of designs to layout and samples to print but I'm on my way and I hope to be done this part of the process by the middle of the week.


On another note, its important to me to give back. Really, really important. I've always had a strong sense of social responsibility and I feel as though if I'm going to pursue this venture which I am so fortunate to be able to do, and which brings me so much joy, I should find a way to do something good because of it. I want to donate part of my monthly profits to a worth cause, or causes. Haiti comes to mind, of course, but also Kiva , an amazing organization that facilitates micro loans to entrepreneurs in developing nations. It promotes self reliance, sustainable development, entrepreneurship, skill development, I could go on. So I think this is where my, and your, money will go. That way, when you buy a fun card from me you can feel good in your heart that you're bringing joy to two people - the recipient of your card, and the entrepreneur whose life you're helping to improve.

A win-win, no?


2 comments:

Downtown Mama said...

I LOVE your namaste card!!

ChocolateMartini Paper Co. said...

Thank you! I love it too:)