Friday, March 5, 2010

End of the Week Reflections

Grateful. That would describe how I feel today. Its been a busy week and a tough one, filled with cutting teeth, coughing babies, tired Mommas and Etsy shop openings. But, as I sit here in my comfy house with my steaming cup of coffee, my little babe asleep is his crib, and listening to the pitter pat of my dog's feet as they run around the house, I can't help but be happy. The shop is open and I'm ecstatic - I'm really hoping that things take off and that my preparation pays off. But if it takes awhile, that's cool too. I'm just happy to be back! Other things I'm grateful for? We're about to buy our dream house, where we'll raise our kids and make our memories and we're so lucky to be able to do that. We have our health and our little guy is on the mend. As my neighbor battles cancer in the house beside me, I try to cherish my good health and remember that I'm lucky to have it. I have lots of great new friends that I've made since becoming a Momma and its opened up a whole new social world for me. And its almost spring! The days are getting longer and warmer and we've been spending more time outside - makes me feel like a new woman!


Highlights of this week:
Starting and finishing Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. You know how some books just speak to you? This one shouted at me. Loved it.

Clearly opening the Etsy shop is a highlight!

Lowlights:

The Chubblers getting bronchiolitis and sounding like an old man with emphysema and then cutting his second tooth at the end of the week. Poor kid. Pooor Momma.

The end of the Olympics. I feel like my best friend just moved away, KWIM?

Hope you've got some fun plans for the weekend. For us, its off to our last baby swimming lesson tomorrow and brunch on Sunday with some old friends and their dog, then off for a romp in the dog park! Goal for the weekend: take lots of pictures and journal! I want to remember these days. Happy weekend y'all:)

0 comments: