Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good Deed of the Day

Well, you gotta start somewhere, right? So in the first installment of "Good Deed of the Day", I'm going to highlight an easy good deed that is almost equally inspired by complete and utter laziness.


At my local grocery store, you have to put a quarter in to get a shopping cart which is returned when you return the cart. Now, one of the many logistical nightmares of having a young baby/child is how to get baby and groceries into the car and return your cart, without baby having a tantrum and/or abandoning said baby in the care while the cart is returned.

Soooo, I've started giving my cart away and not taking a quarter from people. Borne out of laziness, partly, but it really puts a smile on people's faces. Its amazing what such a small gesture can do! Yesterday, I gave my cart to a woman and she practically exploded in a grin, wished me a wonderful day and had an extra spring in her step!

Such a little thing can make a difference in someone's day. What did you do today to make someone's day better?

0 comments: