Friday, May 7, 2010

A New Direction?

You know how sometimes you try and steer your life in a certain direction? But the Universe or Life or whatever keeps trying to tug you away in a different one? So you have a choice - continue to press on, despite meeting resistance and that stubborn Universe tugging at your pantleg. OR you can go along for the ride and see where you end up. I think that's what is happening over here. Not a different direction, entirely, but perhaps a narrower focus? Don't mind me and my cryptic musings, I'm just pondering my business and where its going.


I tend to focus entirely on the creative component of my business - I always say I'd be making art and cards even if no one paid me. But ultimately the goal of any business is success and profit, no? And if I'm going to continue, if I'm going to create a business that allows me to stay home with my son, I need to go in the direction of success. And I think its my customers that will tell me which direction that is. I think they're already telling me. So, I'm going to listen.

In the coming weeks, I'll be adding some new visions and ideas into the shop and I'll share them all with you. I'm scared but excited, as I've given myself 6 months to make the shop profitable and successful, so I'm diving in head first. Its make or break time, folks. The pressure is on.e

2 comments:

Downtown Mama said...

OH! Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see your new direction :) You are wonderfully talented!

Unknown said...

Whatever you're thinking of, GO FOR IT!